U.S. Academic Credit

Participants on all American Councils study abroad programs to earn U.S. academic credit via transcript from Bryn Mawr College.

Academic Credit and Transcripts

Upon successful completion of an American Councils program in Eurasia, participants receive academic credit through Bryn Mawr College. Bryn Mawr awards the following credit for American Councils programs:

  • Semester Programs: four units* of undergraduate credit (the equivalent of 16 semester hours) or three units of graduate credit (the equivalent of 15 semester hours)
  • Academic Year Program: eight undergraduate units (32 semester hours) or six graduate units (30 semester hours) of credit.
  • Summer Program (eight weeks): two units of either undergraduate (8 semester hours) or graduate (10 semester hours) credit

American Councils will submit one transcript request per participant at the conclusion of the program. Program alumni may request transcripts at any time, however, at no additional cost.

To request additional transcripts, print out a transcript request form from the Bryn Mawr website: http://www.brynmawr.edu/registrar/ and mail it to the address below:

Office of the Registrar
Bryn Mawr College
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010

Be sure to clearly indicate the complete mailing address and name of recipient for where you wish the transcript to be sent.
*Please Note: One Bryn Mawr College undergraduate unit is equivalent to four semester hours.  One Bryn Mawr College graduate unit is equivalent to five semester hours. All prospective participants should consult with their academic advisors prior to the start of their program to discuss the details of how academic credit will transfer to their own college or university.

This was a great experience that I would never have had without the strong support of American Councils.

--Sarah, Georgia

Blogs From Abroad

Photo Galleries